- To start the process of purchasing a puppy complete the application on the Puppy Application page.
- We will get back in touch with you regarding your application.
- After hearing back from us, submit your completed Reservation Agreement Form and submit the fee.
After we have talked with you about your application, it is expected the reservation fee will be paid/sent within 24 hours. A reservation fee will hold your place on the wait list for a litter. Waiting lists will be kept on the order of deposits received.
You can submit your reservation payment by cash, money order, bank draft or personal check. We do not accept credit cards. We will let you know when we have received your reservation fee. If sending your deposit by mail, please send to: Lori Marshall 1672 Highway 92 Knoxville, Iowa 50138. Please be sure to include the puppy reservation agreement form with your payment.
We also accept security reservation fees by paypal. Please send via the friend option to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will still need to complete the reservation agreement form which can be mailed or signed/scanned back into your computer and returned via email.
Please visit our reservation agreement page to submit your reservation agreement form.
What Happens After You’ve Submitted your Reservation Agreement
After you have completed your reservation agreement and the fee with Star Creek Kennel, we will provide you with updates as to the progress. While you are waiting for the puppies to arrive, it’s a great time to start researching and reading about bringing a new puppy home.
Take the time to line up a vet if you don’t have one. You will be required to take your puppy to your vet within 72 business hours after receiving your puppy. Visit our facebook page and like our page so you can follow along. WWW.facebook.com/starcreekkennel
What Happens After the Puppies are Born
We will post on our Facebook page all litter announcements and number of male and female puppies in the litter. We will contact you regarding the litter and if you are receiving a puppy from the litter. Puppy selection is based on the order of the dates of when the reservation fees were paid. Sometimes it is necessary to have your reservation moved forward to the next litter, if the sex of the puppy you want is not present in the litter.
Special Note: We reserve the option to select a puppy from a litter after it has arrived, for “breeder’s pick” for our breeding program.
We post updates of the puppies on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/starcreekkennel as well as our website so that you can watch the puppies grow! All immunizations and de-wormings are done as per our vet’s schedule, and socialization starts early in the puppies lives. All of our puppies are born and reared inside our home. Our whelping/puppy room as well as our kennel is clean, well ventilated, heated, air conditioned and cleaned daily. Our adult dogs are very healthy, groomed and bathed regularly and have access to inside and outside space. Our puppies are raised with an advanced curriculum which includes exposure to lots of sights, sounds and textures. They are exposed to normal household noises, bathing and nail trimming so that they are familiar with everyday life.
We will schedule a puppy visit day where all of the families are able to see and interact with the puppies. This will be an opportunity to get to know the puppies but there will be no selection of puppies on this day. This is only a fun day and an opportunity to meet us and the puppies in person. We will let the families know of the scheduled visit day so that you can arrange your personal schedule to attend if you’d like. We know that not everyone is able to attend. There will not be any other day to visit the puppies until go home day.
Puppy selection is based on the order of reservation fees received. Puppy selection will occur on the go home day. This way families traveling long distances are able to visit and take home their puppy on the same day. Doing puppy selection on go home day also allows us the opportunity to do temperament testing with the puppies during the 7th week of their lives. The information from the temperament testing will be provided to the families prior to the selection day. When it is your family’s turn to choose, we will help you as much or as little as you’d like, and will be available to answer your questions. Some families are able to visit and select their puppies in person. We will schedule times for families to visit to select their puppy. After seeing the photos and videos of the puppies since birth, most families have a favorite or two… and are already in love!
Your puppy will be ready to go home to you, at 8 weeks of age. We believe it is best for your puppy to have face-to-face hand off. You are welcome to come in person and pick up your puppy. If you live a long distance, you can fly into Des Moines International Airport and we can deliver your puppy to you at the airport for you to take your puppy back home with you onboard the plane. This must be scheduled in advance, so please be sure to talk to us about this option well in advance. We can deliver some puppies by car to a designated location. An additional transportation fee may apply for this service and this must be scheduled in advance. We may be able to fly with your puppy to a major airport closest to you. This cost for this option would include our round trip ticket as well as the airline fee to fly with the puppy. This must be requested well in advance to make appropriate arrangements.
Be sure to have a checkup appointment scheduled with your vet. Remember that puppies should not go out in public until they have had their immunizations – this is a must! No public parks, dog parks or obedience training outside the home. Some people get an in-home trainer to come and work with the puppy and all the family members, then continue with obedience training classes later when the puppy has had all their immunizations.
Puppy Visiting Days
Families often ask to visit our puppies and see our kennel. We schedule a visit day for families that have placed a deposit on a litter. We have been advised by our vet that the general public should not be allowed inside our kennel. This is part of our bio-security system to limit exposure of potentially fatal viruses and bacteria to our dogs and puppies. Good Biosecurity often prevents common diseases like parvovirus. We hope you understand why we must have this limited visitor’s policy. After all, this policy is in place to protect YOUR future puppy too.
Paying the Balance of Your Puppy
If you want, you can pay the total balance due prior to the date you are to pick up your puppy. All balances due for your puppy must be paid in full before your puppy is able to go to your home. We accept final payments by cash, money order or cashiers check. We do not accept personal checks or credit cards. Please remember the total balance due is the price for your puppy PLUS 7% Iowa State sales tax for any puppy purchased in Iowa.
A health warranty is offered for all of our puppies. The document must be completed prior to or at the time of the purchase of the puppy. This contract must be signed by the buyer and seller to be binding. A printed copy of the document (contents noted below) will be provided by the seller. A copy will be provide to the buyer and a copy retained by the seller.
Contract and Bill of Sale
This contract must be signed by the buyer and seller to be binding
ATTENTION! Please, read carefully. If you have any questions, please, ask. This contract is written for the protection of the Breeder, the Buyer and the puppy.
|Puppy:||Breeding Rights: YES NO|
|Iowa State Tax:||DOB:|
|Deposit:||Pick up location:|
- To the best of the Breeder’s knowledge the puppy identified above is in good health and free of communicable diseases at the time of sale, is up to date on age appropriate vaccines and deworming’s. Appropriate information will be provided to the buyer by the breeder about the puppy’s medical records.
- The Buyer is required to take the puppy to a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days after receiving the puppy for a general health exam. Any and all expenses incurred during this exam are sole responsibility of the buyer. Documented proof of the exam must be returned to the Breeder by mail within 14 days. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within three business days, this health contract is void. Buyers Initials: __________________________
- If during this health exam the puppy is found to have a life-threatening health problem, the Buyer must return the puppy at the Buyers expense with the Veterinarian’s written confirmation as to the health problem within 3 days. Upon return of the puppy, all paperwork provided at the time the puppy was purchased as well as the written vet evaluation documentation, the Buyer will receive another puppy of equal value if one is available, otherwise, the purchase price of the puppy will be refunded to the Buyer. This does not include minor illness requiring short-term medication.
- The Breeder warrants the health of the puppy for two years after the date of the sale against any life-altering genetic diseases or the puppy tests positive as being affected for any of the tests that Star Creek Kennel tests for (specified below). Should a health tested genetic disease described below be discovered during this time that will require surgery to correct, the breeder will provide Buyer with a full refund of purchase price only. Receipt from surgery must be provided before refund is sent. The breeder reserves the right to confirm the results before a replacement or refund is provided. Replacement will only be provided if dog is returned to breeder at Buyer’s expense. Our breeding parents are tested for:
- Hip Dysplasia
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Patella Luxation (Small dogs only)
- Congenital cardiac issues
- Congenital eye issues
- PRA – PRCD
- Von Willebrands Disease (affected status)
- Degenerative Myeopathy (affected status)
- NEWS (Neonatal Encephalopathy with seizures)(affected status)
- Ichthyosis (affected status)
- The Breeder will not provide a refund or exchange for any puppy injured or sick (due to non-genetic disease) after leaving the Breeder’s premises. Buyers are encouraged to limit the exposure of their puppy to other dogs and outside high traffic dog areas until the puppy is at least 16 weeks old and/or has been given its final puppy vaccination.
- This warranty will be terminated should dog be allowed to become overweight or developing joints be overstressed at any point during the warranty period. Should the dog be found to have genetic issues covered in this contract within its first two years, the buyer must provide breeder with proof in the form of documentation from OFA. The breeder reserves the right to confirm the results before a replacement or refund is provided. Replacement will only be provided if dog is returned to Seller at Buyer’s expense.
- It should be noted that diarrhea is common among puppies that have been moved to a new environment. This is normal and is not covered under the health guarantee. This will normally subside as the puppy adjusts to its new home and surroundings.
- This contract does not cover viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, kennel cough, mites, ear infections, fleas, worms, Giardia or Coccidosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury. It is to be clearly understood, that the Breeder does NOT, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for any veterinarian and/or health care expense for such noted health issues.
- Over-vaccination is known to cause many auto-immune diseases and conditions in dogs. The buyer will be supplied with a list of vaccinations that have been provided to the puppy. Do NOT allow your vet to repeat any of the vaccinations that have already been given by the breeder. If your puppy is re-vaccinated, this will void the contract. Do NOT allow your vet to give multiple vaccinations at any time during a vet visit. You must be an advocate for your puppy. Buyers Initials___________________________
- THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER ANY HEALTH or BEHAVIOR ISSUES CAUSED BY NEGLECT, INJURY, OR IMPROPER CARE IN ANY WAY.
- While the breeder will make a good faith effort to estimate the color and size of the puppy based on the size of the parents, the breeder does NOT and CANNOT guarantee size, color, coat appearance or texture. The buyer understands there is a risk that their puppy may shed, coats can get lighter or darker, and puppies can grow larger or smaller than estimated by the Breeder. This puppy is represented as a beautiful loving pet.
- The pictures which were taken of your puppy and the puppies’ parents are owned by the breeder. You do not have permission to use or alter these photos in any way. Using any of our photos without our permission will automatically void this agreement.
- Upon execution of this document, all veterinary care and associated costs are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Buyer.
- Your puppy has been raised on TLC puppy food. This is a high-quality food. We do not require use of this puppy food, but we do highly recommend it.
- The puppy is being purchased as pet only. The Buyer agrees that the puppy will be spayed or neutered by 12 months of age. Buyer agrees to provide Seller with proof of spay/neuter within 12 months after purchase date as shown below. If the puppy is not spayed or neutered by 12 months of age and/or is used for breeding (whether intentional or accidental), the Breeder reserves the right to repossess the Dog and the Buyer forfeits any and all purchase monies. If the puppy is used for breeding (whether intentional or accidental), the buyer shall pay the breeder the sum of $7,500 for breeding rights. In addition, the buyer agrees to pay the Seller $5,000 for every litter produced. All legal fees to enforce this contract will be the responsibility of the Buyer. Buyers Initials: __________________________
- If registration papers have been provided for your puppy (AKC, GANA), the buyer agrees to follow through and get your puppy registered through the identified organization.
- Buyer agrees that if for any reason they cannot keep their dog, it will be returned to Star Creek Kennel to find a suitable rehome. The buyer will give up all rights to the dog. No money will be returned for the dog.
This document is a legal-binding document. In the unforeseen event there are issues that can’t be resolved, any court action shall be filed in Marion County, Iowa. Any court costs and attorney fees necessary to enforce this contract shall be paid by the buyer in the state of Iowa.
This guarantee applies to the original owner (buyer) only and is not transferable. There are no other warranties expressed or implied except as contained herein.
I, the buyer, have read and agree to the terms and conditions noted above.
Buyer Signature Seller Signature
Date Signed Date Signed
Buyers Name (PRINT)_________________________________________________________
Buyers Address: _______________________________________________________________
City: _______________________________State: _________________ Zip Code:____________
Buyers Phone Number: _________________________________________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________________________________
Star Creek Kennel, L.L.C.
1672 Highway 92
Knoxville, Iowa 50138
IA License #10956